Thursday, September 30, 2010

CHIHUAHUA: No Quiero Taco Bell!

CHIHUAHUA: The most dangerous, deadly city in Mexico at the moment.
CHIHUAHUA: The city those damn annoying, little dogs are named after.
CHIHUAHUA: a desert city in the middle of nowhere (think: Reno/Las Vegas without all the glitz AND MEXICAN).
CHIHUAHUA: the city of Mexican Caballeros in tight jeans, creamy cowboy hats and snakeskin boots.
CHIHUAHUA: an odd mix of Mexican traditional decorum and modernity.

As I sit here in this lovely Starbucks (I admit it: I am truly GRATEFUL and actually HAPPY to be in a Starbucks for the first time in my life) my head is still spinning as to how and WHY I am here, in CHIHUAHUA of ALL PLACES ON EARTH! Oh...I KNOW how I got here but WHY?! (And YES, I do know WHY, BUT STILL, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!) Now, it's time to have a candid word and be honest to myself and everyone out there. I'm painfully aware of the fact that I could be literally ANYWHERE in the WORLD, on a beautiful beach taking it easy, doing what I do best: being a beach bum, Livin' the Life, or hiking through a jungle somewhere or exploring some neat European city in between looking for work (which is the point to all of this).

But I'm here in CHIHUAHUA. I'm here because I've been THERE and done THAT. I'm looking for a new challenge. For the last year I've been living in CONSTANT, unyielding fear, ARTIFICIAL fear, caused by low blood sugar, overactive adrenal glands and supported by an over-stressful job. (aka: Severe Anxiety & Panic Attacks). I'm sick of FAKE FEAR. I need contrast. Mayhaps I need the real thing. I need something powerful enough to wake my consciousness up to get over that silly form of BEING and living. So, I find myself here in Chihuahua with a mind to see how truly dangerous it is, to get over myself, and renew my friendship with my old pal Canaantzi.

I've enjoyed myself in the last few days, riding b*tch on the back of Canaantzi's motorcycle all over the city, helping him find an apartment and SCANDALIZING half of the population by staying with a single fellow, UNMARRIED! AND being an AMERICAN, OH MY! You KNOW what THAT means! There will be rumors about me floating around WAY after I leave this hot, dry place! I still haven't decided how long I'm going to stay. Maybe till something or someone scares me outta here! Or I find employment somewhere. One thing's for sure: I plan to live it up and get as much as I can outta this seemingly dubious wasteland!

No comments:

Post a Comment