Thursday, September 30, 2010

Enlightenment in Food: Beijing

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

God doth show himself unto me YET AGAIN! (remnants of Beijing....)Current mood: content

Before I get started on this I'd like to dedicate this next little blog entry to a very dear friend of mine, one Sarah Kortemeier. Together on our travels we had the ultimate pleasure of discovering God all of two times together. Where you might ask? Certainly not in that shower stall we shared for an hour that one time in Kiwi-land, I'll let you decide if we were clothed or not! HA! ANYWAY (good times abound with Sarah...), No, he was in the food we ate of course! (The first time God was contained in this little tub of spinach artichoke dip we ate in New Zealand, and then the second time, well. It's a little foggy....shame on me. Wouldn't be surprised if you-know-who from above smote me down for A.) mocking him by claiming that his presence was detected in a tub of spinach artichoke dip of all things and B.) for actually forgetting the second time I randomly ran into him in another food. Oh dear. So without further ado I bring you:

GOD IN FOOD: PART THE THIRD
Now I know you are all sitting on the edges of your seats tearing your hair out of your heads screaming: "STOP BLABBERING AND TELL ME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!" (literally, hehehehe...) So, I shall. I found God for the third time in a dish I had the utter EXTREME pleasure of finding and consuming in a small restaurant in Beijing. There are no words to do it justice. It is both heaven and hell to know it and eat it. It is PURE and TRUE DIVINE ENLIGHTENMENT. With the first bite you feel your soul begin to rise up out of your body, seeking the eternal light of God and finding it. It is unadulterated, beautiful, blissful nirvana. So what is this food that could lead the whole of humanity to salvation if discovered???? It is a dish of fried eggplant topped with pork slathered in a tangy, sweet sauce. There it is. Now you know. You too can commune with God if you are of the lucky few to find and consume this phenomenal food. I know I shall remember the two times I ate it with ecstasy. It is an experience purely of the spiritual kind, bringing me one more step closer to the great beyond and to the good man up above.
8:47 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment