Thursday, September 30, 2010

Close Call in Mexico

Saturday, September 02, 2006

MY GOD.

So like for those of you who care about me, I came pretty darn close to dying last night in what would have been quite the FREAK accident. Yep. And in the most ASSININE of ways too MY GOD. A single drink of beer, Tecate beer to be exact, almost did our fearless adventurer Jules into the ground. And I´m DEAD serious--no pun intended. Now, we all know beer and alcohol can be deadly, if you drink enough, but I betcha never thought it could kill in other ways as well. So here it is. I was drinking beer with my friend Canaantzi and just as I took a HUGE gulp he made me laugh. I was trying my hardest to keep the beer from going everywhere and was pretty much gagging, keeping it in my mouth. So it was all fun and games until after I managed to swallow the last little bit in my mouth and realized that all the gagging and swallowing had created a very strong, large pressurized bubble in my throat COMPLETELY BLOCKING ALL AIR FLOW. Now, if it had been a piece of food, I woudln´t have been half as scared because ye old "heimlick manuver" really works wonders I hear. But how would that work with just an air bubble??? So after that realization the panic really sank in. Cause nothing anyone around me could do would probably help me. In other words I thought I was completly SOL. All I could do was just sit there, grabbing my friend´s arm, looking into his eyes and slowly choking to death. I seriously thought I was going to die. I thought in my head "Oh my god. I don´t want to die in a bar in Mexico choking on beer!" Luckily, right as my vision was starting to darken on the edges I managed to get a little air in and then the bubble, very slowly, went away. My god I haven´t been that scared in SO LONG. Another 5 seconds or so and I probably would have been gone. Someone upstaires really loves me, that´s for sure...I hope so anyway.

It´s times like these when you are reminded ONCE AGAIN, for the millionth time, just how fucking fragile your life REALLY IS. That very same thing could have happened to me anywhere, at any time with ANYTHING that I drank. God life is fragile. And I wasn´t even doing anything high-risk when this whole episode happened. I was simply sitting in a nice bar/restaurant enjoying a beer and all of a sudden came face-to-face with death. MY GOD. My god.

No comments:

Post a Comment