Thursday, September 30, 2010

Illegal Hostal Crashing, 101

Monday, May 14, 2007

Illegal Hostal Crashing, 101
Current mood: amused

Gotta LOVE it. Heh. Woke up this morning in a hostel with a woman yelling at me... And honestly, she had every right. Because she found me sleeping in an ALL GUYS dorm without any reservations or any record of paying, and I hadn't. Ha. Ya. And its NOT what you all are thinking---I didn't find some guy to sleep with or anything and then follow him back to his hostel. Nope. Ended up arriving here in Calafate at 1 am and all the hostel recruiters left before I could tell them I needed a hostel. Luckily, this nice man I had been talking to on the bus from the area drove me around in his car for me to find a hostel but ALL the hostels were either closed for the season or there was no one manning the desks. Then, the second time around at the Hostel Intl, I saw a guy in the window, went in and found out that he was leaving that night and was NOT going to use his bed, but couldn't find anyone to pay before he left ---the person that was SUPPOSED to be at the desk that night, for some reason, NEVER showed up! What luck! Anyway, I needed a bed, he had a bed that needed to be payed for, so we thought I might as well take the bed on his behalf and pay in the morning. Ha. A good idea in theory! He forgot to tell me that it was in an ALL GUYS dorm room.

Anyway. Hence the screaming woman 9 hours later. But its all good. I explained, paid for last night and an additional and every thing's golden. Ya, next time that happens, I believe I will leave a note with money at the front desk explaining the situation BEFORE anyone completely LOOSES it on me. Gotta LOVE what life throws ya!
1:16 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment